Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First big spill

Not mom's proudest moment but an experience all the same. Nevi fell face first a few weeks ago onto our cement slab in the back. And I was standing right next to her but couldn't break the fall in time. I was sick to my stomach after that for most of the day. Big bumps on her forehead and a scabby/bloody nose. She proved once again just how resilient and tough she really is. The scabs are already gone and she plays just as hard as always.
Right now, one of her favorites things to do is to put stuff in stuff. Example below where Nevi has decided to pick strawberry leaves and place them ever so strategically in my water bottle. I suppose she's really perfecting her gross and fine motor skills, but I did cringe slightly because they were my STRAWBERRIES!!! Oh well, a parent's ability to' let go' of these minor things seems to improve drastically each day, re-prioritizing Nevi's development and exploration above all else.




No comments: