Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun Stuff







We've been having nothing but fun lately.... Had a get-together with our Bradley Birthing friends, Peter, Dominika, Pavel and Dawid. Nevi LOVED playing with the boys and staying up late! And the adults had a nice time eating, drinking and being merry.
It was a Wednesday morning in March.....I was showered, ready for work, making sure the animals had their food and getting my lunch ready for work too...Robb marches down the stairs and says 'Why don't you stay home from work today and play with Nevi & I...', something he says on occasion. My usual response is...'but I've got sooooo much work to do...'. That morning I responded differently. It was the first day I'd EVER taken a personal day from work. I called work and told them that I wouldn't be in and man were they shocked but I had full support and a few, 'Good for you's.' Anwyay, we headed straight for the Erie park and played and danced until our we could no more. It is a newer park with your basic kiddo recycled play materials but it also had a pretty awesome solar powered musical dance and game arena. WE LOVED IT! We also basked in the grass under the sun and played kick ball for a while, rolling down grassy/hay-y hills and reminiscing about life. We were all starving after a glorious morning of laughter and hard play so we headed to Smash Burger for some burgers and fries. Nevi had a hot dog and fries - this was the very first time I have ever seen her dunk anything in ketchup. She dunked everything in the red stuff and to this day, she still loves to do it, only at home we're dunking 'healthier' things in it like scrambled eggs. We eventually made our way home and all took a nice nap. Again, glorious. That evening Robb joined me in a yoga class at the YMCA while Nevi played with the kiddos in the day care. Hiked our 'sunset loop' that night with Dylan and played sidewalk chalk until there was no more daylight. The day could not have been more perfect.

No comments: