Sunday, November 15, 2009

Boulder and Boy


Robb and Nevi enjoyed a gorgeous day in Boulder last week while I was at work. They soaked in all the sun before the snow hit this weekend. They camped out on the lawn on the Boulder County Courthouse enjoying the passersby on Pearl Street Mall and playing with the leaves. When I returned from work, they were both in great spirits and I could tell that it was one of those days that will stay in your memory for quite some time. Daddy and Nevi are becoming very close and this bonding is amazing to watch. She waves at dad every time she sees him and has a great big smile that tells the story of her love.
Last night, we went over to a couple's home from our birthing class for dinner and playtime (Domenika and Peter). They are of Polish descent, which is the primary language in the house but are very fluent in English, too. And quite the cooks! I haven't eaten that good in a long time...lamb, cabbage, potatoes, broccoli salad. MMmmmmmm. Nevi was overtired unfortunately from a long day of hiking with me and friends and then traveling into Boulder for errands. She just can't find contentment when she's tired but we did the best we could. Pawel is the little boy, 3 weeks older than Nevi and cute as little boys come. To my surprise, Domenika is pregnant with their second boy already, showing and due in March! I was happy for them but soooooooo grateful I don't share her 'condition.' Not it!





No comments: